I know what you’re thinking, depression is generally considered a disease not a gift but I’m here to tell you that a gift is exactly what I have found depression can be if you choose to look at it that way and that no matter how bad your depression is you can use these steps to help it be that way for you too. (This doesn't mean you can go off your medication.)

Choosing Prosperity

Prosperity is defined as:  Successful, flourishing, thriving.  Isn't that what we all want for our lives?  To prosper?  Struggling with depression poses a particular hurdle on the road to prosperity since it's rather difficult to succeed, flourish or thrive when it's takes everything you have just to get out of bed in the morning.  



The thing is, you can choose prosperity whenever you want, start small, just think of the best thing you can do with that moment, just the next five minutes, and do it.  Don't worry, I'll wait, go.




















It's just


 
minutes














You can do it!











































Are you done?  Didn't that feel good?  Now just do it again, the best thing YOU can do with the next ten minutes of your life this time.  Now just keep going form there.


You can't control anyone or anything outside of yourself, not really, so stop trying and just do the best you can with each and every moment, challenge, opportunity that comes your way.  Every time you do you can do a little more and a little better than the last time until choosing prosperity becomes easy and automatic and depression becomes a part of your past instead of your daily life.  I still work on this everyday, I'm far from perfect, very far, but I'm taking it one step at a time and I know you can do it too, if you just trust me and trust yourself enough to take that first step and then another and when you stumble, to forgive yourself and take another step.  If I can do it, you can too.



No comments:

Post a Comment